Master of Education
- Summer studies abroad
- Internships in area businesses and galleries
- Museum seminar art history courses that include travel to major museums in the U.S., Europe and Mexico
- Art Faculty mentorship’s for undergraduate student
- Annual Georgia state Art History Forum for Art History Majors
- Graduate assistantships in art education
- A variety of exhibition opportunities
- Candidates will be provided with opportunities to develop a deeper and broader understanding of their content discipline and to determine strategies for transferring their knowledge to pedagogical situations that reflect contemporary approaches to art education.
- Graduates have the opportunity to broaden their employment potential.
- Graduates in art education have begun their teaching careers throughout the state of Georgia.
- While there is no guarantee for art-related employment, the Department of Art feels strongly that a strong portfolio reflective of the student's abilities and good work habits are qualities that employers are seeking.
- Further Education
- Graduates will have the qualifications necessary for continued education at the doctoral level.
- Kappa Pi, National Art Honor Society
- International Sculpture Center, University Member
- Art Education offers spaces specifically for art education courses
- Computer facilities, PC and Mac
- Fine arts studios in ceramics, painting, photography, printmaking and sculpture
- Gallery space
- Faculty within the Department of Art are professional artists, designers and published art historians and art educators, who pursue active rolls in their fields. The Department of Art faculty have exhibited works, published papers and designed work on a state, national and or international level, with works in numerous private and public collections.