Early Childhood Education
Master of Education, Specialist in Education
- The Department of Early Learning and Childhood Education utilizes the five core propositions of the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards for its graduate programs.
- The program has been designed and implemented with the goal of developing the most effective teachers in public education.
- Fully accredited by the National Council of Associations of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- Integration of the most reliable and valid educational philosophies and pedagogical theories of education.
- Faculty are experienced educators and who integrate research-based theory and practices into their teaching.
- UWG Pre-Kindergarten - delivers quality pre-K education programs to children from the community and provides a valuable resource for the preparation of Early Childhood majors
- Developmental and Diagnostic Reading Clinic - provides diagnosis and correction of reading problems for children and adults in the local community and provides a real-world experience for Early Childhood Education majors
- School improvement, teacher development, reflective teaching practices, literacy acquisition
- Effective pedagogy
- Critical thinking and problem solving, character education, cultural diversity, effective teaching and learning theories
- Curriculum design and evaluation, teaching methods, classroom management, instructional design and evaluation
- Reader response theory, comprehension strategies, children’s literature
- Assessment, curriculum issues, equity issues and mathematics education