Master of Science in Mathematics
- Strengths include: courses taught by exceptionally accomplished faculty, with expertise in applied mathematics, statistics, mathematics education, and pure mathematics. Program offers a sizeable portion of its courses online. Program offers two tracks: (1) Teaching and (2) Applied Mathematics. Program features a research experience under the direction of an accomplished researcher.
- Several graduate assistantships available which offer both a stipend and tuition waiver. All students have a valuable research experience class. All students receive one-on-one advising, with a program that is carefully designed to meet the student's needs, interests, and career aspirations.
- The track in teaching leads to careers in college teaching, and also provides secondary teachers with enhanced knowledge of the subject matter. The applied track provides students with opportunities for careers in industry and college teaching. Both tracks provide strong and relevant preparation for doctoral study.
- Applied and statistical courses offer computer-enhanced classwork. All classrooms are equipped with overhead projectors. All classes are taught by research faculty in the Boyd building.
- Faculty specialties include:
- applied mathematics
- teacher education
- number theory
- graph theory
- mathematical analysis.