WHAT TO DO FOR ALCOHOL POISONING
- Person is passed out and cannot be awakened
- Person has cold, clammy or blush skin color
- Person as slow or irregular breaths:
-less than 8 times per minute or
-more than 10 seconds in between breaths
- Person is vomiting and does not wake up
IF ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS EXIST, CALL FOR HELP IMMEDIATELY!
IF YOUR FRIEND IS INTOXICATED
- Get your friend to a safe place.
- Do not leave your friend alone; monitor breathing.
- Turn your friend on his/her side to prevent choking.
- Check for signs of alcohol poisoning.
IF YOU'RE NOT SURE IF YOUR FRIEND NEEDS HELP, CALL 911.
If you or someone you know has a problem with alcohol, the university can provide free, confidential services to help you. You can get help by contacting either:
- Counseling and Career Development Center, 272 Parker Hall, 678-839-6428
- Health Services, 678-839-6452