IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE IN IMMINENT DANGER, immediately call University Police! Program their number in your speed dial.
- If off-campus, call 911.
- University police are available to assist you 24 hours a day, year round, regardless of whether you choose to press charges.
- University police will work to connect you with local law enforcement and other key resources and help you develop a personal safety plan, if necessary.
Contact Tanner Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at 770-834-8327 (confidential voice mails) for confidential services, which include:
- Therapeutic support through free confidential short term personal counseling sessions and referrals to long therapy if needed
- Exploring your needs and options, including ways in which the campus and/or local law enforcement, your UWG manager and Human Resources can assist
- Developing a personal safety plan (in conjunction with Campus Police)
- Providing links to off-campus resources, including resources in your hometown that can help you in the decision to file formal complaints or charges
- Assisting with a referral to the Carroll County Emergency Shelter, if desired
Tanner EAP also provides free depression, anxiety suicidal ideation and addiction assessment.