To be classified as a non-traditional freshman, one must:
have graduated five or more years ago from high school (or your high school class must have graduated at least five years ago);
- hold a high school diploma from an accredited or approved high school as specified in Section 22.214.171.124 of this Policy Manual or have satisfactorily completed the GED; and,
- have earned fewer than 30 transferable semester credit hours.
A non-traditional applicant needs to submit the following items to be considered for admission to the University:
- $30 non-refundable application fee (on July 1st, 2012 the application fee will rise to $40.00)
- Final High School Transcript (showing a date of graduation)
- Official GED scores - if applicable
- Official transcript from each college attended - if applicable
What happens after all documents arrive at the University?
After all documents arrive at the University, you will receive information regarding the COMPASS (Computer-adaptive college placement test). All non-traditional freshman (unless eligible for an exemption) are required to take the COMPASS prior to admission to UWG. Students scoring below 74 on the COMPASS Reading and 60 on the COMPASS Writing exams will not be admissible to UWG beginning the Spring semester of 2012. Students who score below 20 on the COMPASS Math exam are not admissible to UWG. Students who score below 30 on the COMPASS Math exam are required to take a learning support course, Math 0097, and students who score below 37 are required to enroll in Math 0099. Math 0097 will be offered for the last time at UWG during the Spring semester of 2012. Math 0099 will be offered for the last time during the Summer semester of 2012. Students who are required to complete these math courses must do so before they are no longer offered at the institution in order to be eligible to enroll at UWG in future terms.
Compass Requirements For Admission / Continued Enrollment
Fall 2012 and Beyond
|Compass Reading||Greater Than or Equal to 74||Greater Than or Equal to 74||Greater Than or Equal to 74|
|Compass English||Greater Than or Equal to 60||Greater Than or Equal to 60||Greater Than or Equal to 60|
|Compass Math||Greater Than or Equal to 20*||Greater Than or Equal to 30**||Greater Than or Equal to 37|
*Student must pass Math 0097 by the end of this term.
**Student must pass Math 0099 by the end of this term and exit learning support.