Freshman Foundation Scholarships:
UWG’s Foundation Scholarship Program is a competitive merit scholarship program designed to recognize academic success with a combined total of $25,000 in scholarships, in the amount of either $2,000 or $3,000. These scholarships can not be combined with any additional institutional scholarships and are only available during your freshman year; however, they can be combined with the HOPE Scholarship.
- Acceptance to the University
- 3.5 minimum GPA on college preparatory subjects as calculated by the Office of Admissions (transcript required)
- SAT Critical Reading score of 550 minimum (or ACT English score of 24)
- SAT Math score of 550 minimum (or ACT Math score of 23)
- Academic Resume - including high school activities, student leadership roles, high school awards/honors, community services, etc. (example resume)
In order to be eligible to compete for our Foundation Scholarships, you must be accepted to the university and apply for consideration by February 15th, 2012.
Apply For A Freshman Foundation Scholarship*
After applying for a Freshman Foundation Scholarship (see link above), you will need to email your academic resume to Becky Nelson no later than the February 15th, 2012 deadline.
Presidential Academic Scholarships:
UWG awards several scholarships for students with outstanding academic credentials. The Honors College will invite students who are eligible for consideration for Presidential Scholarships. These awards are for $3,000 and $4,500 per year and are renewable for up to three additional years. To be considered, students must be accepted for admission by March 1st, 2012. No further application for the scholarship is necessary.
Emerging Leader Awards:
These awards are given to freshman who show promise in the development of leadership skills. Each recipient must commit to assuming a leadership role on campus and in the community through UWG’s Emerging Leader Program. As part of this program, participants learn the foundations of leadership development, commit to being strong leaders on campus and in the community, and develop the skills to be successful leaders in their future academic, co-curricular, and social lives. Emerging Leader Awards are in the amount of $1,000.
- Acceptance to the University
- 2.75 minimum GPA on college preparatory subjects as calculated by the Office of Admissions
- Completed application and successful interview (a resume is required for your interview)
The deadline to apply for consideration is February 15th, 2012. For more information and to apply visit: www.westga.edu/csi/LeadershipAwards.
UWG awards several scholarships* to students based on unique criteria decided by the donor. To apply, click on the name of the scholarship, complete the application, and return it to Admissions in order to be considered. Named scholarships include:
- Betty Reynolds Cobb Scholarship (Financial Need)
- James Emory Boyd Scholarship (Intended Graduate of Bremen High School)
- Terry Kapetanakos Memorial Scholarship (Intended Cobb County Graduate - Preference to Osborne High School)
- Mary Ann Leathers Memorial Scholarship (Intended Graduate of Mt. Zion High School)
- Phil McDowell Scholarship (Inteded Graduate of Central High School or Carroll County High School with JV/Varsity Sports Participation)
- Jennifer Lynn Olson Memorial Scholarship (Intended Cobb County Graduate - Preference to Lassiter High School)
- Tabatha and Logan Hancock Memorial Scholarship (Intended graduate of Woodland High School, AL)
- Bary C Carroll Scholarship (Intended Graduate of Carroll County, Pre-Criminology Major - must also submit 500 word essay)
- Farmer Scholarship (Parents must list Farming/Agriculture as their livelihood)
*The listing of these scholarships does not guarantee their availability. Awards are available based on funds available.
The Goizueta Scholarship:
The Goizueta Foundation is committed to the recruitment, retention, and success of Hispanic students here at the University of West Georgia. It is through this mission that the Goizueta Foundation is presenting two renewable scholarships to qualified applicants for their four year undergraduate college careers at the University of West Georgia. To learn more about The Goizueta Scholarship at UWG visit: www.westga.edu/~admiss/goizueta.pdf
The Department of Art at the University of West Georgia will offer scholarships to incoming freshmen enrolling as Art majors at the University in the Fall of 2012.
To be eligible for consideration:
- Complete the Incoming Freshmen Scholarship application (.doc).
- Submit copies of your transcript including your SAT/ACT scores.
- Submit two teacher/principal recommendation letters.
Students will be invited by the Art Department to participate. For additional information regarding art scholarships, please visit www.westga.edu/~artdept/ or contact the Art Department at 678-839-6521.
Friends of Theatre New Talent Award and Theatre Work Study are offered. Students must fill out the application and must audition or show their portfolio to be considered.
Friends of Theatre New Talent Award:
This scholarship is given to incoming Freshman Theatre Major(s). This award is the result of the strong and continual community support for the West Georgia Theatre Company over the past ten years. The Theatre Program hopes to both honor the community and provide financial support to a deserving new Theatre student. Students must fill out an application and must audition or show their portfolio to be considered. Auditions and portfolio review dates are scheduled annually at the Georgia Theatre Conference in October and the Georgia Thespian Conference in February. UWG Faculty will participate in scholarship auditions at the Southeastern Theatre Conference in March to view the work of current juniors in High School. Four scholarships are offered for returning students as well.
The Encore Theatre Company Theatre Achievement Scholarships
These scholarships provide financial assistance annually to two declared theatre majors, freshmen or higher, selected by the full time theater faculty. The recipients of the scholarship shall demonstrate talent in the performing arts via and audition or interview, and shall demonstrate continuing dedication to the University's theatre arts program as determined by the theatre faculty. The faculty may also take into consideration, as a secondary matter, the financial need. Encore Theatre Company was a private, independent theater group which was founded in 1997 by four individuals devoted to theatre. Encore was dedicated to quality and professionalism in independent community theatre. Encore disbanded in the 2007, and as is legacy, donated these endowed scholarships to the UWG Theatre Program.
Please contact Shelly Elman, Director of Theatre, at 678-839-4700 or visit http://www.westga.edu/~theatre/ for more information.
Transfer and Non-Traditional Students:
Visit The Financial Aid Scholarship Page for additional opportunities geared towards Transfer and Non-Traditional Students.
For questions about scholarships , please email the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-839-5600.