- How do I apply for Financial Aid?
- Have I done everything I need to do before starting in the Fall Semester? What are the next steps after being accepted?
- How do I try out for a sport?
- How do I access my Student ID Number (917 number)?
- My login to PREP/MyUWG is locked, how do I access my account?
- Do I have to live on campus- also how do I go about submitting the forms to live off campus?
- How do I update my application?
- How do I change my major?
- How can I sign up for a campus tour?
- How do I sign up for a Group Tour? (Bring a larger group to campus)?
- Is Orientation mandatory?
- How do I choose my First Year Experience Program?
- How much is tuition? Total Costs?
- Can I appeal an admissions decision?
- Where is the University of West Georgia (Directions to UWG)?
How do I apply for Financial Aid?
The University of West Georgia has an entire Financial Aid Office available to help you apply for any kind of financial aid you may be seeking, such as the HOPE Scholarship, a Student Loan, or the Pell Grant. Please access their website,contact them by phone at (678)839-6421, or email at email@example.com. If you are seeking information regarding institutional freshman scholarships, please visit http://www.westga.edu/scholarships/.
Have I done everything I need to do before starting in the Fall Semester? What are the next steps after being accepted?
Congratulations again on your acceptance to UWG- you have taken the first step towards GOING WEST! In order to complete the enrollment process, you will need to complete the following steps (in no particular order): Register for Orientation, Submit your Housing Contract (if you are living on campus) or a Residency Requirement Waiver (if you are living off campus), Apply for Financial Aid, and Submit your Immunization Forms. You can find the specific details for how to complete all of these important next steps by accessing your GO WEST Checklist through yourMyUWG portal.
How do I try out for a sport?
The University of West Georgia is a part of the NCAA Division II Gulf South Conference. We offer Men’s Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football and Golf. Women’s sports include Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball and Tennis. UWG Sports also offers Co-Ed and All-Female Cheerleading. For more information on UWG Sports or to try out for a sport, please contact UWG’s Athletics Administration Office at 678-839-6533 or visit www.uwgsports.com
How do I access my Student ID Number (917 number)?
- Please visit www.westga.edu/FindMyID
- Type in your first name, last name, date of birth and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
- Once you click on the “Search” button your Student ID number will be revealed
- If you have any problems locating your Student ID number, please contact UWG’s Office of Admissions at 678-839-5600
My login to PREP/MyUWG is locked, how do I access my account?
If your PREP or MyUWG has been disabled or locked, you can click on Forgot Password and complete the form. ITS will reset your password back to the last two of your birth year and last four of your social security number within two hours after the request has been made.
Do I have to live on campus- also how do I go about submitting the forms to live off campus?
- All freshmen are required to live on campus. Waivers are available for students living with parents and commuting from home within a 30-mile radius of campus. Exemptions may be granted for married students or students over 21 years of age. Waiver/Exemption forms are available as a downloadable PDF or may be obtained by contacting the Residence Life Office at 678-839-6426 or via email. Click here to download a copy of the .pdf file.
- Print and mail your NOTARIZED copy of the form to:
Residence Life Office
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple St.
Carrollton, GA 30118
How do I update my application?
For Undergraduate Application changes please fill out the Undergraduate Applicant Update Form here.
Submit by mail:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions,
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple St.
Carrollton, GA 30118
Fax the Undergraduate Applicant Update Form: (678)839-4747
E-mail (PDF or JPEG): firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please be advised that only one application update is available using the originally submitted $40.00 application fee and any additional updates will be assessed the required additional $40.00 application fee.
*For Graduate application changes, please email email@example.com with your request.
How do I change my major?
- Prior to enrollment, students can change their major from the field they selected on their admissions application at their scheduled Orientation Session.
- After an incoming student has attended Orientation, to change your major you will need to fill out a “Major of Declaration” form at the department you wish to change your major into and submit this completed form to the Enrollment Services Office.
How can I sign up for a campus tour?
To schedule a visit to UWG please go to www.westga.edu/admissions and click on the Campus Tour link under “Connect with UWG” or call 678-839-5600.
How do I sign up for a Group Tour? (Bring a larger group to campus)?
Please contact Allyson Bretch at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a group tour of our campus
Is Orientation mandatory?
Orientation is required of all newly admitted undergraduate students. Orientation is the time that you will register for classes and you will also have the opportunity to meet some of your fellow students and faculty! Students who do not attend Orientation will be required to take part in late registration and pay late registration fees to the University.
How do I choose my First Year Experience Program?
The transition into college life, including meeting new expectations, becoming involved on campus and feeling connected to your new environment, is one of the most challenging aspects of any college career. For that reason, the University of West Georgia has implemented a set of programs to assist students in that transition. UWG's First-Year Programs provide a foundational experience that meets the diverse needs of our students. The First-Year for Everyone allows students to choose a program that best fits their needs while maintaining a high level of engagement. All incoming first-year students enroll in one of these programs. We have found that these programs consistently improve student performance, graduation rates and connection to UWG, helping to create successful university students.
How much is tuition? Total Costs?
Can I appeal an admissions decision?
Yes. The admissions appeal policy at the University of West Georgia is designed to admit those students who have a reasonable chance of success and who seemingly will profit from the educational program of the university. A student is considered for admission without regard to race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin. Admission requirements are those stated in the most current issue of the University of West Georgia Undergraduate Catalog. Whenever an applicant for admission or readmission to the undergraduate school is denied admission or feels his/her application has not been given due consideration, such applicant shall have the right to appeal. Click here for detailed information on the appeal procedure.
Where is the University of West Georgia (Directions to UWG)?
Click "View larger map" below for directions via Google Maps, or here for directions to the University from major interstate routes in Georgia for your convenience. Detailed directions can be obtained by calling the Office of Admissions at (678)839-5600, between 8:00am and 5:00pm Eastern Time.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Mandeville Hall, University of West Georgia,
Front Campus Dr, Carrollton, GA 30118