A student who has taken work in a college or university may apply for the privilege of temporary registration. Such a student is one who expects to return to the college or university in which he or she was previously enrolled. The normal application procedure consists of filing an application form with a $40 non-refundable fee for each semester of transient study. The dean or registrar of the college where the student has been enrolled must give written approval for the student to attend West Georgia.
The following policies shall govern the admission of a transient student:
An applicant will be accepted as a transient student only when it appears that the applicant's previous academic work is of satisfactory quality. A student must not be under suspension or exclusion from the previous institution.
- Enrollment as a transient student is limited to one semester. Exceptions may be made by special permission of the Admissions Office and with special approval of the dean of the institution from which the student comes. Application for readmission as a transient student for the second semester must be submitted to the Office of Admissions by the semester application and document deadline date.
- Transient approval for a second consecutive term will be considered only when evidence is submitted to the Office of Admissions that the applicant meets full transfer admission requirements.
- Transient students desiring to continue as transfer students must apply through the Admissions Office by the semester application and document deadline date and satisfactorily complete the transfer requirements listed above.
- Since a university's primary obligation is to its regularly enrolled students, West Georgia will consider the acceptance of transient students only when their acceptance will cause no hardship or inconvenience to the institution or its regularly enrolled students.
- Transient students are not eligible for financial assistance (grants, loans, HOPE scholarship, etc.) through the University of West Georgia. Transient students must make financial assistance arrangements with their "home" institution.
- Transient students –who are not seeking a UWG degree– register on the first day of on-time/open registration.