Information Technology Services
Information Technology Services’ (ITS) central office and Service Desk is located on the 2nd Floor of Cobb Hall. ITS provides technology leadership and support to all areas of the University of West Georgia community. ITS offers a wide variety of technical services — from support of your UWG ID to the planning and maintenance of the campus technology infrastructure including:
- Technology infrastructure providing both wired and wireless network access (connectWest),
- On campus computing lab facilities for general purpose/homework and specialized use,
- Support of all technology enhanced classrooms,
- The campus portal (myuwg.westga.edu),
- E-mail access powered by Google,
- Collaborative services powered by Google including Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Sites, and Google Calendar,
- Student Information Technology Services (SITS), located in the Cobb Hall Lobby, providing no cost labor for current students who need help with their personal computers and mobile devices,
- Residential Network Services (RESNET) providing network support to students living on campus,
- Student information system access (Banweb),
- and telephone and cable TV service.
The status of all system-wide IT services can be found on our service status page (http://status.westga.edu).
Office of Education Abroad
UWG’s Office of Education Abroad provides advising and support for all students who are interested in learning more about making study abroad a part of their degree programs. Located on the first floor of Gunn Hall, the office helps students identify appropriate education abroad programs from those offered by UWG departments, by the University System of Georgia and by our institutional exchange partners. It also provides counseling on preparation for travel, course selection and ways to finance study abroad. In addition to help for students, the office assists academic units interested in developing partnerships with universities around the world. Services for faculty include guidance for those interested in developing study abroad programs relevant to their disciplines and support for those interested in sponsoring visiting scholars from abroad. The office sponsors activities and workshops for students and faculty related to education abroad and campus internationalization.