Information Technology Services
Information Technology Services’ (ITS) central office and Service Desk is located on the 2nd Floor of Cobb Hall. ITS provides technology leadership and support to all areas of the University of West Georgia community. ITS offers a wide variety of technical services — from support of your UWG ID to the planning and maintenance of the campus technology infrastructure including:
- Technology infrastructure providing both wired and wireless network access (connectWest),
- On campus computing lab facilities for general purpose/homework and specialized use,
- Support of all technology enhanced classrooms,
- The campus portal (myuwg.westga.edu),
- E-mail access powered by Google,
- Collaborative services powered by Google including Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Sites, and Google Calendar,
- Student Information Technology Services (SITS) providing no cost labor for current students who need help with their personal computers and mobile devices,
- Residential Network Services (RESNET) providing network support to students living on campus,
- Student information system access (Banweb),
- and telephone and cable TV service.
The status of all system-wide IT services can be found on our service status page (http://status.westga.edu).
International Services and Programs
The International Services and Programs Office, located in 229 Row Hall, provides advising and support for students seeking to study abroad and for international students and scholars on the UWG campus. The office helps students identify appropriate education abroad programs from those offered by UWG departments, by the University System of Georgia and by our institutional exchange partners. ISP provides counseling on preparation for travel, course selection and ways to finance study abroad. For international students, the office provides assistance and advice regarding housing, immigration matters, finances, personal adjustment, and referrals to appropriate members of the University and the Carrollton community. ISP also offers services to faculty who are here on F and J visas and assists interested UWG faculty in developing study abroad programs relevant to their disciplines.