Program Completion Requirements
Candidates must meet the following requirements for successful completion of the teacher education program. Candidates are recommended for the Georgia educator certificate only upon successful completion of the teacher education program.
- Complete specific program requirements as outlined by the approved program of study.
- Complete SPED 3715 or departmental approved alternative to meet the special education requirement of Georgia House Bill 671.
- Complete Computer Skill Competency requirement as outlined in the A+ Education Reform Act (House Bill 1187). Students holding non-renewable certification may complete the requirement through any PSC approved course as found at the following link: http://www.gapsc.com/EducatorPreparation/ApprovedPrograms/EducationProgram.asp. AssessOnline and GACE Computer Skill Competency Assessments are not acceptable.
- Candidates must earn a grade of B or better in each graduate course or an overall average of 3.0 on all graduate level course work attempted applicable to the field of certification; and earn a C or better in each undergraduate course and maintain a 2.7 term grade point average.
- Complete successfully all field experiences, including exhibiting responsible professional behavior at the field placement sites and in interactions with peers, faculty, and students.
- Earn a passing score on the appropriate certification test of the teaching field content, as required for certification by the Professional Standards Commission.
- Submit application for certification to the Office of Teacher Certification upon completion of all program requirements. Official transcripts from all institutions attended (excluding West Georgia) must be submitted with the application to the Office of Teacher Certification, Room 106, Education Center.