Business Education – M.Ed.
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree in Business Education is a collaborative program with the College of Education. It is designed to prepare professional personnel for competency in teaching, research, curriculum development, evaluation, and supervision of business curricula. Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. A minimum of 36 semester hours of graduate course work is required. Graduating students are required to submit a position paper and course summaries prior to graduation. To meet the diverse needs of our students, three Master's Degree Options are available.
- M.Ed. - Master's degree in business education for students with an undergraduate degree in business education. This option is designed to qualify Business Education teachers who currently have four-year certificate (T-4) in Business Education for the Georgia five-year professional certificate (T-5).
- M.Ed. Option Master's degree in business education for students with an undergraduate degree in an area other than business education. This option is designed to qualify students for the Georgia five-year professional certificate (T-5). The length of the teaching internship depends on whether or not the candidate is teaching on a provisional license. If teaching on a provisional license, a two-semester teaching internship is required. If non-provisional, a one semester teaching internship is required.
- M.Ed. Non-Certification Master's degree in business education for students with an undergraduate degree in an area other than Business Education; however, no certification is awarded. This option is a Master's degree without certification. Candidates must not have previously earned certification at the T-4 level or equivalent. No teaching internship is involved and no certification is given.
Students earning a Master of Education degree in Business Education should be able to:
- Communicate effectively in oral presentations and in writing
- Employ instructional strategies to address each of the teaching areas in business education
- Present techniques and methods of conducting research study in business education
- Include a variety of assignments to pursue the study of multicultural opportunities and challenges in teaching business subjects`
- Employ effective evaluation methods in business education courses
- Work competently with exceptional children and adults
- Demonstrate basic computer proficiency and use of technology for the purpose of enhancing classroom instruction