This program has been deactivated. We are not accepting applications to this program at this time.
This program is available to those candidates holding either the Master's degree in Business Education or a T-5 in Business Education and who meet the general requirements of the Ed.S. degree program. Professional preparation at the T-6 level is designed to upgrade the skill, understanding, and knowledge of Business Education teachers at all levels (secondary school, vocational-technical school, junior college, and four-year college). Twenty-seven hours after completion of the Master's degree are required for the program.
Graduating students are required to submit a position paper, submit a summary of courses completed in the degree, and pass a written examination.
Students earning a specialist degree in Business Education should be able to:
- Communicate effectively in oral presentations and in writing
- Employ instructional strategies to address each of the teaching areas in business education
- Present techniques and methods of conducting advanced research study in business education, designing advanced research techniques, and applying research to the classroom to improve instructional techniques and teaching methodologies
- Include a variety of assignments to pursue the study of multicultural opportunities and challenges in teaching business subjects
- Apply critical thinking skills to improve leadership capabilities
- Employ effective evaluation methods in business education courses
- Work competently with exceptional children and adults
- Demonstrate basic computer proficiency and use of technology for the purpose of enhancing classroom instruction