Educational Leadership - Ed.S.
The program affords candidates advanced preparation in educational leadership for both school level and system level leadership positions and will result in a PL-6 certificate in Educational Leadership. Admission requirements include the following:
- A Masters degree from a nationally or regionally accredited institution
- A State of Georgia Certificate in Administration and Supervision (NL-5 or L-5 or higher level
- An official GRE score of at least 900 (minimum 450 Verbal score)
- Hold a leadership position in a local education agency (LEA)
- Be recommended by the Superintendent or Headmaster in the LEA
- Three letters of recommendation from employers, supervisors, or professional colleagues
A total of 27-33 semester hours of graduate credit must be completed for this degree program. Eighteen (18) of these hours will be earned during a year-long performance-based residency. In addition to the 18 semester hour residency, candidates must attend regular field-based related seminars. The culminating requirement of the residency will be the production of a portfolio describing the candidate's performance-based experiences. This portfolio and the student's participation in the required seminars will be graded by the professor at the end of each semester. In addition to the residency, the student also must successfully complete 9 semester hours of classroom-based course work. If after an initial assessment of the candidates' past graduate studies it is determined that there is a deficiency, candidates may be required to take up to six (6) additional hours of graduate classes to compensate for this deficiency.