Educational Leadership – Certification Program for PL-6 or PL-7
This program is for individuals who already hold an Ed.S. or Ed.D. degree, but are seeking a performance-based certificate in Educational Leadership. The program affords candidates advanced preparation in Educational Leadership for both school level and system level leadership positions and will result in a PL-6 or PL-7 certificate in Educational Leadership. Admission requirements include the following:
- An Ed.S. or an Ed.D. degree from a nationally or regionally accredited institution
- A passing score on the GACE Content Assessment in Educational Leadership
- A NL-6 or NL-7 certificate in Educational Leadership
- Hold a leadership position in a local education agency (LEA)
- Be recommended by the Superintendent or Headmaster of the employing LEA
A minimum of 21 semester hours of graduate credit must be completed for this degree program. If after an initial assessment of the candidates' past graduate studies it is determined that there is a deficiency, candidates may be required to take up to six (6) additional hours of graduate classes to compensate for this deficiency. The 21 semester hours required of all candidates in this program includes a year-long performance-based residency. While participating in this residency, candidates also will be required to attend regular field-based related seminars. The culminating requirement of the residency will be the production of a portfolio describing the candidates' performance-based experiences. This portfolio and the candidates' participation in the required seminars will be graded by the professor at the end of each semester.