Career Employment Services provides information and assistance to currently registered students as well as alumni regarding career options and full-time employment opportunities. Services include the following:
- An on-campus recruitment program.
- A job listing and candidate referral service.
- A career resource library containing both information on specific careers as well as background information on various companies, state and federal government agencies, and many other organizations, as well as a computer lab.
- Orientation seminars and workshops presented every semester on writing a professional resume and cover letter, successfully preparing for an employment interview, and effective job search strategies are offered at no cost to students or alumni.
- A series of job fairs and career days scheduled throughout the academic year to assist students in making informed career decisions and establishing contacts with employers.
- A listing of Career/Job Fairs in the South UWG students may attend.
- Individual appointments designed to refine career plans and investigate employment opportunities.
- A job listing and resource service is available through the department's Web site at careerweb.westga.edu
For additional information please contact Career Employment Services, Room 355, Parker Hall, call 678-839-6431, or go to careerweb.westga.edu.