Richards College of Business
Faye S. McIntyre, Dean
R. Best, B. Bird, D. Boldt, J. Burton, J. Colley, S. Dutt, C. Haynes, J. Haynes, C. Hodges, D. Hovey, J. Johnson, W. Lankford, H. McCraw, K. Moffeit, A. North, W. Schaniel, S. Talpade, J. Yang, J. Yoder, M. Zachary
J. Anderson, T. Gainey, S. Hazari, M. Kassis, F. Parsa, H. Patron--Boenheim, R. Pearce, W. Smith, D. Turner, D. Webb
E. Bergiel, S. Hall, J. Murphy, B. Prince, Y. Wei
Web MBA Faculty:
T. Cairnery, C. Campbell, B. Caster, R. Cheramie, K. Elder, E. Leeds. C. Lowery, W. Miller, T. Reisewitz, G. Roberts, D. Sams, E. Walker, H. Woodard, J. Yang, J. Zhang
The mission of the Richards College of Business is to educate and prepare students for positions of responsibility and ethical leadership in society.
The RCOB provides quality business and professional education in a personal environment, built upon a common body of knowledge, and prepares students primarily from the West Georgia and Atlanta areas for positions of responsibility and ethical leadership in organizations by:
- Admitting quality local, regional, national, and international students and providing them with an educational experience that will prepare them to achieve future career excellence.
- Providing students with dynamic and up-to-date bachelor and master level curricula that are supported by an innovative technological base.
- Providing a solid business foundation for our students to compete successfully in a work environment, engage in lifelong learning opportunities, and apply high standards of ethical conduct.
- Recruiting high quality faculty and staff and providing them with sufficient resources to support excellence in teaching, primarily applied and pedagogical research, and service.
- Building internal and external partnerships that will create value for all parties.
The Richards College of Business offers graduate programs in business administration, business education (working with the College of Education), and professional accounting.
These programs are administered through four departments: (1) Accounting and Finance, (2) Economics, (3) Management, and (4) Marketing and Real Estate.
The Richards College of Business at West Georgia provides students a high-quality business education at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Graduates aim to secure entry level managerial/professional employment, advance in their current employment or continue graduate studies.
The faculty members are committed to professional development through intellectual activities. The primary means by which instructors can enhance and update the content of their present courses and design new ones is through research and other professional development activities. Intellectual activities are also essential to enhance the status of the Institution among accredited member schools, potential employers, and other publics.
Service to the Institution and to the professional community supports the activities necessary to accomplish the mission. This involvement promotes the design of a superior curriculum, placement of graduates, discovery of new ideas for intellectual activities and classroom instruction, and the procurement of external funding for College activities.
Note: All Richards College of Business students must see their advisors and get their schedules approved before attempting to register.