Multicultural Achievement Program
Housed within the EXCEL Center, the purpose of the Multicultural Achievement Program (MAP) is to assist minority students academically. MAP provides an array of programs and services to meet the needs of minority students:
- Certified peer mentors, who are campus leaders and academic achievers, work with small groups of new students while serving as role models, helping freshmen establish good study habits, and being a referral agent to other campus resources.
- Seminars related to achieving academic success and enhancing cultural awareness are offered throughout the year.
- A second year program is offered which guides students with exploring majors and careers and provides opportunities for second year students to engage in a variety of learning opportunities while increasing self awareness.
- Minority alumni serve as mentors to juniors and seniors and lead career seminars.
- The academic progress of students is monitored, and individual academic coaching sessions are available in note-taking, time management and various study skills.
The Multicultural Achievement Program is located in the EXCEL Center in the UCC. For more information about the program: drop by to see the MAP Coordinator Mr. DeLandra Hunter, telephone 678-839-6280 or visit the website at http://www.westga.edu/~map/ .