Specific Requirements for Bachelor of Science Degree
- A minimum of 120 semester hours of academic college work in an approved program and the physical education requirement of the college from which one graduates. The approved program must include 60 semester hours in the Core Curriculum.
- A minimum of 39 semester hours of work in courses numbered 3000 or above. Twenty-one of these hours must be in the major field, and 20 of these hours in the major must be taken at West Georgia.
- Thirty-three semester hours must be completed in residence. Eighteen of these hours must be in the senior year.
- Attain a minimum institutional grade point average of 2.0, and a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in the courses used for the major.
- Complete other requirements for the major listed by individual departments.
- Complete the science major option of Core Areas A & D, if required.
- Satisfactorily complete Political Science 1101 and History 2111 or 2112. Exemption from history may be earned by passing appropriate tests.
- Not more than 30 hours of the program and none of the professional education sequence may be done by extension or correspondence, nor may more than 30 hours be completed at off-campus sites.