Specific Requirements for Bachelor of Science Degree in Sport Management
- A minimum of 120 semester hours of academic work in an approved program. The approved program must include 60 semester hours in the Core Curriculum, plus completion of the College of Education physical education requirement.
- A minimum of 39 semester hours of work in courses numbered 3000 and above. Twenty-one of these hours must be in the major field, and 15 of these hours must be completed at West Georgia.
- Thirty hours must be completed in residence. Eighteen of these hours must be in the senior year.
- Satisfactorily complete Political Science 1101 and History 2111 or 2112. Exemption from these courses may be earned by passing appropriate tests.
- No more than 30 hours of the entire program may be done by extension or correspondence, nor may more than 30 hours be completed at off-campus sites.
- Must have an overall grade point average of 2.5 to enter professional courses.
- Attain a grade of at least 'C' in the internship experience. The minimum overall cumulative grade point average required for internship and graduation is 2.5.
- Complete other requirements for the major as determined by the Department of Leadership and Applied Instruction.