University System of Georgia Strategic Plan
Transforming the System, Changing Lives, Strengthening the State
The Board of Regents has utilized strategic planning for a number of years to guide its policy development and annual budget requests. The board's current Strategic Plan was adopted in August 2007.
The Plan has a theme of building capacity in every aspect of the System's operations. The Plan will direct actions that transform the System, change lives, and strengthen the State.
The Plan defines six broad goals designed to ensure that the investment the citizens of Georgia have made in their system of public higher education continues to serve the needs of future generations.
For more information on the University System's Strategic Plan, go to: http://www.usg.edu/regents/strategic/
The six strategic goals:
- Renew excellence in undergraduate education to meet students' 21st century educational needs.
- Create enrollment capacity to meet the needs of 100,000 additional students by 2020.
- Increase the USG's participation in research and economic development to the benefit of a global Georgia.
- Strengthen the USG's partnerships with the state's other education agencies.
- Maintain affordability so that money is not a barrier to participation in the benefits of higher education.
- Increase efficiency, working as a System.