Foreign Languages and Literatures
Cobb 107 • 678-839-6515
J. Blair, M. Cormican, D. Overfield (Assoc Dean), F. Tweraser (Chair)
G. Schmidt, E. Kim
L. Anderson, L. Connell, E. Di Stefano, J. Farmer, R. Kilpatrick
W. McGuire, R. Olive-Rhoades, J. Ortiz, T. Toscano
Learning Outcomes/Expected Results for all programs:
- Students will acquire and demonstrate listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills at the advanced level of the target language consistent with national standards for foreign language education.
- Students will acquire and demonstrate skills necessary to analyze and compare cultures and practices of the target area with their own culture and other cultures.
- Students will be able to situate the history of the target culture within a broad historical framework.
- Students will demonstrate competence in a second foreign language.
- Students will demonstrate familiarity with technologies allowing them to access sources in the following areas: current news from the target country, bibliographical and other sources related to coursework, contemporary culture sources, and interactive communication sites.
For Learning Outcomes on specific concentrations please see http://www.westga.edu/~forlang/.
Please note: Students may retake a foreign language course for credit at the 1000 or 2000 level only if they have not completed a course with a higher number for credit.