Volunteer Services is a campus-based community service center matching volunteers' interests with community needs. Services include:
- Information and assistance to currently registered students, as well as alumni, and faculty and staff regarding volunteer opportunities both off and on campus
- Promotes and facilitates opportunities to build partnerships between UWG and the community through service
- Encourages a sense of civic responsibility among students through critical engagement and participation in the West Georgia community
- Serves as a clearinghouse for local and national outreach programs
- Assists students with the planning and execution of projects
- Encourages students, faculty, and staff to learn and serve through individual volunteer placements and group service projects
- Has been designed to be as flexible as possible, recognizing that the amount of time available to volunteer will vary from student to student. The program allows students to choose to participate in one-time or on-going projects
A listing of opportunities is available through the department's website at http://careerweb.westga.edu. For additional information, call or come by the Volunteer Service Office in Parker Hall, 3rd floor, 678-839-6431.
Center for Student Involvement
The Center for Student Involvement facilitates student engagement, leadership and involvement through a variety of programs and services. It is located in the Campus Center, Room 304. The Center for Student Involvement can connect you to Student Life through the Student Activities Council, Greek Life, Leadership, Student Government Association, weekend programs, concerts and more than 150 student organizations.