Admission of Home Schooled Students
Applicants Who Have Completed an Accredited Home School Program
Applicants completing an approved, accredited home school program need only meet traditional freshman admission requirements.
Applicants Who Have Not Completed an Accredited Home School Program
Home educated applicants who have not completed an accredited home school program must submit the following:
- Application for Undergraduate Admission
- $40 non-refundable application processing fee
- Official SAT or ACT scores* (sent directly to UWG by the testing agency)
- Completed Home School Curriculum Evaluation Form, which provides satisfactory documentation of equivalent competence in each of the College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC)/Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) areas.
- Copy of current Declaration of Intent to Home School as filed with a local Board of Education.
*University System of Georgia requires Home Schooled students who have not completed an accredited home school program to take the SAT or the ACT and to meet the minimum total score of the average combined score of the preceding year's enrolled Freshman Class.
The standard for Fall 2011 home schooled applicants is a combined SAT Score of 991 (minimum subsection scores are 430 Critical Reading and 410 Math), or an ACT Composite of 21 (minimum sub section scores are ACT English 17 and 17 Math).
Home Schooled Applicants Applying as Transfer Students
Transfer applicants who graduated from a non-accredited home school program, and who have earned less than 30 credit transferable, semester hours at the time of the UWG admission application, must meet Freshman admission requirements, including submission of the Home School Documentation Form. Transfer applicants completing an approved, accredited home school program need only meet traditional Freshman requirements.