Specific Requirements for Bachelor of Arts Degree
- A minimum of 120 hours of academic college work in an approved program and completion of the physical education requirement of the college from which one takes a degree. The approved program must include 60 semester hours in the Core Curriculum.
- A minimum of 39 semester hours of work in courses numbered 3000 or above. Twenty-one of these hours must be in the major field and 12 of these hours must be taken at West Georgia.
- Thirty-three semester hours must be completed in residence. Twenty of these hours must be in the senior year.
- Attain a minimum institutional grade point average of 2.0 and a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in the courses used to satisfy the major.
- Major courses and professional education sequence courses are not to be taken by correspondence or extension. Not more than 30 hours of the program and none of the professional education sequence may be done by extension or correspondence, nor may more than 30 hours be completed at off-campus sites.
- If in a program involving teacher certification at the secondary level, the student must meet the requirements outlined under College of Education in the following sections: Admission to Teacher Education, Eligibility, Education Blocks, and Education Program Completion Requirements.
- Complete 2002 (or equivalent) in a foreign language. (Students obtaining a B.A. in Chemistry will complete through 2001 only). Entering students with previous language experience are encouraged to take a placement test if they plan to continue the study of the same language.
- Satisfactorily complete Political Science 1101 and History 2111 or 2112. Exemption from history may be earned by passing appropriate tests.