Specific Requirements for Bachelor of Science in Chemistry Degree
- A minimum of 120 semester hours of academic college work in an approved program. The approved program must include 60 semester hours in the Core Curriculum.
- A minimum of 39 semester hours of work in courses numbered 3000 and above. Twenty-one of these hours must be in the major field, and 20 of these hours in the major field must be completed at West Georgia.
- Thirty-three semester hours must be completed in residence. Eighteen of these hours must be in the senior year.
- Students are allowed only one "D" in the courses used to satisfy the major. The minimum institution grade point average required for graduation is 2.0.
- Students must complete other requirements for the major as listed by the Department of Chemistry.
- Complete the science major option of Core Areas A & D.
- Satisfactorily complete Political Science 1101 and History 2111 or 2112. Exemption from history may be earned by passing appropriate tests.
- No more than 30 hours of the program and none of the professional education sequence may be done by extension or correspondence, nor may more the 30 hours be completed at off-campus sites.
- There is no physical education requirement. Physical education classes will not count as electives.