Specific Requirements for Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree
- A minimum of 120 semester hours of academic college work including 60 semester hours in the Core Curriculum.
- A minimum of 39 semester hours of work in courses numbered 3000 or above. Twenty-one to 33 hours must be in the major field and at least 18 hours must be taken at West Georgia.
- Thirty-three semester hours must be completed in residence. Eighteen of these hours must be in the senior year.
- Attain a grade point average of 2.75 in all supporting courses and attain a grade of C or higher in all nursing courses.
- Complete other requirements for the major as listed by the School of Nursing.
- Satisfactorily complete Political Science 1101 and History 2111 or 2112. Exemption from history may be earned by passing appropriate tests.
- Not more than 27 semester hours of the entire program may be done by extension or correspondence, nor may more than 27 hours be completed at off-campus sites.