Traditional BSN Track
In addition to the admission requirements for the University of West Georgia, students applying for admission to the Traditional BSN Program must meet the following requirements by January 15th each year (updated on SON website by July 1st each year):
- College grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of a separate online application for the Traditional BSN Track. Completed applications and documents turned in for summer semester enrollment must be received no later than January 15th each year.
- Completion of 36 semester hours of BSN Core Curriculum at the time of application and 51 semester hours at the time of enrollment in nursing courses. Required courses include:
3 Lab Sciences from Areas D and Area F (12 hours)
MATH 2063 (3) Statistics
12 other required core courses from areas B, C, E or F
Total Hours required for application to the program: 36
- Entrance Exam required, information updated on the School of Nursing website by July 1st each year.
- Admitted students must be a Certified Nurse Aide to enroll in nursing courses beginning with students admitted for Summer 2012.