The front campus park is the site for the McIntosh Stone, which was the official logo for West Georgia College from 1980-1997. It was originally donated in 1916 to the Fourth District A & M School, predecessor to West Georgia College, and was used as a cornerstone for a girls' dormitory. It was transported from the McIntosh Reserve near Whitesburg by three students using a wagon pulled by two horses. The stone was a granite horse block used by Chief William McIntosh, born in 1775 of a Scottish father and a Creek Indian mother. He became chief of the Creeks at age 20. McIntosh had the large granite stone hewn into steps for his visitors to mount their horses when visiting his guest house and home.