Pafford 217 • 678-839-6505
H. Gerhardt (Geosciences)
Program Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Environmental Studies degree should be able to:
- Identify major regional and global environmental problems
- Apply interdisciplinary approaches in analysis of environmental problems
- Think critically about environmental problems
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, including use of technology
- Identify opportunities in the job market and graduate education
Environmental Studies majors will focus on the various ways in which environmental issues have become a multifaceted and contested social problem in contemporary society.
Graduates will be prepared to assume positions in public relations, research in private industry and government, leadership in citizen-based community organizations, and research, leadership, and advocacy in non-profit and non-governmental organizations. Graduates will also be prepared to enter graduate or law school.