Dr. Henry G. ZotProfessor
- Ph.D. University of Miami
- M.S. University of Cincinnati
- B.A. Denison University
Research InterestsI study how cells move and change shape. Complex movements such as crawling and contracting require coordination of events in all parts of the cell. Currently, I model the regulation of muscle contraction and the mechanism of bacterial flagella switching. This work is in collaboration with members of UWG's Center for STEM Research (www.westga.edu/STEMresearch). Students explore applications in muscle, blood vessels, and bacteria motility.
- BIOL 1010 Fundamentals of Biology
- BIOL 1101 Freshman Seminar
- BIOL 1107 Principles of Biology I
- BIOL 1108 Principles of Biology II
- BIOL 1110 Biological Diversity
- BIOL 2134L Cell and Molecular Biology Lab
- BIOL 4984 Senior Seminar
- BIOL 3513 Human Physiology
- BIOL 4503 Biochemistry
- BIOL 6984 Graduate Seminar
- Zot HG, Hasbun JE, Van Minh N. (2012) Second Chance Signal Transducition Explains Cooperative Flagellar Switching. PLoS One. 7(7): e41098.
- Lee, R.S., Tikunova, S.B., Kline, K.P., Zot, H.G., Swartz, D.R., Rall, J.A. and Davis, J.P. (2010) Effect of the Ca2+ Binding Properties of Troponin C on the Rate of Skeletal Muscle Force Redevelopment. Am. J. Physiol (Cell Physiol) 299:C1091-9.
- Clump, D.A., Yu, J.J.; ChoY.J., Gao, R., Jett, J., Zot, H., Clump, A.C., Dodrill, M., Gannett, P., Coad, J.E., Shurina, R., Figg, W.D., Reed, E., and Flynn, D. (2010) Polymorphic Variant of AFAP-110 enhances cSrC Activity. Translational Oncol. 3(4):276-85.
- Zot HG, Hasbun JE, Van Minh N. (2009) Striated muscle regulation of isometric tension by multiple equilibria. PLoS One. 4(12): e8052.
- Walker, V.G. Ammer, A., Cao, Z., Clump, A.C., Jiang, B-H, Kelley, L.C., Weed, S.A., Zot, H., and Flynn, D.C. (2007) PI -3-Kinase activation is required for PMA directed activation of cSrc by AFAP-110 Am. J. Physiol. 293: C119-32.
- Qian, Y., Gatesman, A.S. Baisden, J.M., Zot, H.G., Cherezova, L., Qazi, I., Mazloum, N., Lee, M.Y., Guappone-Koay, A., and Flynn, D.C. (2004) Analysis of the role of the leucine zipper motif in regulating the ability of AFAP-110 to alter actin filament integrity J. Cell. Biochem. 91:602-20.Zot, H.G. and J.D. Potter (1981) Purification of actin from cardiac muscle. Prep.Biochem. 11:381-395.
- Qian, Y., Baisden, J.M., Cherezova, L., Summy, J.M., Guappone-Koay, A., Xianglin, S., Mast1, T., Pastula1, J., Zot, H.G., Mazloum, N., Lee, M.Y., and Flynn, D.C. (2002) PKC phosphorylation increases the ability of AFAP-110 to cross-link actin filaments. Mol Biol Cell. 13:2311-22.Zot, H.G. and J.D. Potter (1982) A structural role for the Ca2+-Mg2+ sites of troponin C (TnC) in the regulation of muscle contraction. Preparation and properties of TnC-depleted myofibrils. J. Biol. Chem. 257:7678-7683.