Dr. S. Swamy Mruthinti
- B.Sc. in Zoology, Botany, and Chemistry from Andhra University, Waltair, India.
- M.Sc. in Zoology from M.S. University, Baroda, India.
- Ph.D. in Zoology from M.S. University, Baroda, India.
Biochemistry of lens proteins.
- BIOL 1010 Fundamentals of Biology
- BIOL 1011 Biology of Human Reproduction
- BIOL 1107 Principles of Biology I (Honors)
- BIOL 1108 Principles of Biology II (Honors)
- BIOL 2107 Principles of Biology for Biology Majors
- BIOL 2130 Sophomore Seminars
- BIOL 3513 Human Physiology
- BIOL 4520/5520 Developmental Biology
- BIOL 4732 Biology of Aging
- BIOL 4984 Senior Seminar
- Swamy-Mruthinti, S., Hansen, J.E., Srinivas, V., Mruthinti, S. and Mohan Rao, Ch. Alpha A crystalline protects AQP0 from thermal denaturation (in preparation).
- Swamy-Mruthinti, S. and Hansen J.E. Thermal denaturation of AQP0 (in preparation).
- Swamy-Mruthinti, S, Varadaraj, K.L. Schey and R.T. Mathias, Glycoxidative modifications decrease water permeability function of MIP (in preparation).
- S. Swamy-Mruthinti., Carter, A.L., Williams, D.L., Renew, A. and Mruthinti, S. Inhibition of diabetic cataracts by L-carnitine.(in preparation).
- Mruthinti, S., Schade R.F., Harrell, D.U., Gulati, N.K., Swamy-Mruthinti, S. Lee, G.P. and Buccafusco, J.J. Autoimmunity in Alzheimer’s disease as evidenced by plasma immunoreactivity against RAGE and A042: Complication of diabetes. Current Alzheimer Research, 3(3), 229-235, 2006.
- Mruthinti, S., Buccafusco, J..J., Sood , A, Humphrey, C.L, and Swamy- Mruthinti, S. The induction of 0-amyloid surface binding and enhanced cytotoxicity in cultured PC-12 and IMR-32 cells by advanced glycation end products (AGEs) Neuroscience,142, 463-473, 2006.
- S. Mruthinti, W.D. Hill, S. Swamy-Mruthinti, J.J. Buccafusco. Relationship between the induction of RAGE cell-surface antigen and the expression of amyloid binding sites. J. Molecular Neuroscience. 20, 223-232, 2003.
- Swamy-Mruthinti, S., Coral Miriam, K., Krishnakumar, S. Biswas, J., Ramakrishnan, S. Nagaraj, R.H. and Sulochana, K. Immunolocalization of end products of advanced glycation in the retinal neovascular membranes in diabetic retinopathy and Eales’ disease, Curr. Eye Res., 25, 139-145, 2002.
- Swamy-Mruthinti, S. Glycation decreases calmodulin binding to lens transmembrane protein, MIP. Biochem Biophys Acta, 1536, 64-72, 2001.