Learning Goals – Graduate (MBA and MPAcc)
Master of Business Administration Learning Goals
The M.B.A. program educates students with a broad knowledge of business in order for them to perform effectively in management positions or to pursue further studies.
The objectives of the program are to enhance the student's ability to:
Graduates of the RCOB’s MBA program will be able to:
LG1 Communicate at a professional level in oral presentations and in writing.
LO1.1 Students will be able to create effective written business documents.
LO1.2 Students will be able to prepare and deliver effective business presentations.
LG2 Work effectively with others and lead in organizational situations.
LO2.1 Students will demonstrate effective group collaboration behavior in accomplishment of tasks.
LO2.2 Students will be able to evaluate effective leadership behavior.
LG3 Identify how globalization affects organizations and their environment.
LO3.1 Students will be able to identify trends in the global marketplace.
LO3.2 Students will assess the role that the global business environment plays in business decisions.
LG4 Recognize the importance of ethical decision making.
LO4.1 Students will be able to identify ethical theories and concepts and their importance.
LO4.2 Students will evaluate managerial decisions using an ethical framework.
LG5 Integrate analytical and problem solving skills with concepts and theories from all functional areas of business.
LO5.1 Students will be able to apply decision-making processes to define the problem, identify and collect needed information, and analyze the information to reach appropriate decisions.
LO5.2 Students will be able to analyze and reach an appropriate decision when presented with multi-functional issues.
Master of Professional Accounting Learning Goals
Faculty members are committed to educate accounting students who upon graduation will:
- Communicate at a professional level in oral presentations and in writing.
- Identify how globalization affects organizations and their environment.
- Recognize the importance of ethical decision making.
- Use technology effectively.
- Understand the principles, practices, and professional responsibilities common to the major forms of professional accounting and be able to apply these principles and practices in a professionally responsible manner to accounting and business processes and systems.
- Conduct research pertinent to accounting issues and problems.