Program Completion Requirements
Candidates must meet the following requirements for successful completion of the teacher education program. Candidates are recommended for the Georgia educator certificate only upon successful completion of the teacher education program and a passing score on the appropriate certification test of the teaching field content as required by the Professional Standards Commission.
- Complete specific program requirements as outlined by the approved program of study.
- Complete SPED 3715 or departmental approved alternative to meet the special education requirement of Georgia House Bill 671.
- Candidates must earn a C or better in all courses and maintain a 2.7 term GPA.
- Complete successfully all field experiences, including exhibiting responsible professional behavior at the field placement sites and in interactions with peers, faculty, and students.
- Submit application for certification to the Office of Teacher Certification upon completion of all program requirements. Official transcripts from all institutions attended (excluding West Georgia) must be submitted with the application to the Office of Teacher Certification, Room 106, Education Center.