Department of Leadership and Instruction
Coliseum 2057 •678-839-3550
D. Hoff (Dean), R. Morris
F. Butts (Chair), M. Gantner , M. Hooper, A. Nixon
M. Bullard, C. Johnson
Programs of the department are expected to develop and enhance the capabilities of candidates to:
- Promote the success of all students through facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a shared school or system vision of learning supported by the school community.
- Promote the success of all students by promoting a positive school culture, providing an effective instructional program applying best practice to student learning, and designing comprehensive professional growth plans for staff.
- Promote the success of all students by managing the organization, operations, and resources as prescribed in a way that promotes a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Promote the success of all students by collaborating with families and other community members, responding to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
- Students will demonstrate maturity in the social, ethical, and human dispositions that are critical to educational leadership.
- Promote the success of all students by understanding, responding to, and influencing the larger political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context.
- Synthesize and apply the knowledge and practice and develop the skills identified in ELCC Standards 1-6 through substantial, sustained, standards-based work in real settings, planned and guided cooperatively by the institution and school district personnel for graduate credit.