Emily Hipchen, Ph.D.
Phone: 678-839-4746 | Fax: 678-839-4849
Office: Technology Learning Center 2246
Emily Hipchen earned her Ph.D. in English, specializing in eighteenth- and nineteenth-century British literature, from the University of Georgia in 1996. Later, her research interests shifted toward auto/biography and the production of creative nonfiction. Her memoir, Coming Apart Together: Fragments from an Adoption, published in 2005, details her reunion with her birth family. In 2008 she was named a J. William Fulbright Scholar, which she used to teach creative writing at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kanpur. Currently, Dr. Hipchen's scholarly interests outside the classroom include editing two journals of literary criticism and anthologies of academic essays (she currently has three under contract), and writing creative nonfiction and poetry.
- B.A., Furman University,
- Ph.D., University of Georgia,
- ENGL-2060 (Intro to Creative Writing) Section: 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- ENGL-3200 (IntrmCrtvWrtng-CreativeNonfict) Section: 02W [ View Syllabus ]
- ENGL-6385 (Seminar in Autobiography) Section: 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- ENGL-2060 (Intro to Creative Writing) Section: 03
- ENGL-3000 (Research and Methodology) Section: 02
- ENGL-4384 (Senior Seminar) Section: 03W [ View Syllabus ]