Laura Miller, Ph.D.
Phone: 678-839-4891 | Fax: 678-839-4849
Office: Technology Learning Center 2238
Dr. Miller finished her Ph.D. in 2010 at the University of California, Santa Barbara. She studies the intersections of literature, media, and science during the eighteenth century.
"Publishers and Gendered Readership in English-Language Editions of Il Newtonianismo per le Dame." Studies in Eighteenth Century Culture (42) 2013 (191-214).
"Masculinity, Space, and Late Seventeenth-Century Alchemical Practices." Essay accepted for collection Gender and Space in Britain, 1660-1820, eds. Karen Gevirtz and Mona Narain. (Collection under contract at Ashgate).
"Between Life and Death: Representing Medicine, Necrophilia, and the Figure of the Intercessor in M.G. Lewis's The Monk." Sex and Death in the Eighteenth Century, ed. Jolene Zigarovich. London and New York: Routledge 2013,
"Sea: Transporting England." Broadside Ballads from the Pepys Collection: A Selection of Texts, Approaches, and Recordings, ed. Patricia Fumerton (Tempe, AZ: Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, 2012).
- B.A., English, Duke University, 1997
- M.A., English, California State University, Northridge, 2004
- Ph.D., English, UC Santa Barbara, 2010
- ENGL-2190 (Literature by Women) Section: 01
- ENGL-4185 (StudiesInLitByWomen:British) Section: 01W
- ENGL-4384 (Senior Seminar) Section: 01W
- ENGL-5185 (StudiesInLitByWomen:British) Section: 01
- ENGL-1101 (English Composition I) Section: 129 [ View Syllabus ]
- XIDS-2100 (Media and the Arts) Section: 03 [ View Syllabus ]
- ENGL-4130 (Eighteenth-Century Brit Lit) Section: 01W [ View Syllabus ]
- ENGL-4384 (Senior Seminar) Section: 02W
- ENGL-5130 (Eighteenth-Century Brit Lit) Section: 01
- ENGL-4188 (Individual Authors:J.M Coetzee) Section: 01W [ View Syllabus ]
- ENGL-2120 (British Literature) Section: 01
- ENGL-4106 (Studies in Genre: Satire) Section: 01W [ View Syllabus ]
- ENGL-5106 (Studies in Genre:Satire) Section: 01
- ENGL-6105 (Seminar in British Lit I) Section: 01