Glenn Eernisse, D.M.A
Instructor of Music Theory
Phone: 678-839-6516 | Fax: 678-839-6259
Office: Humanities Building
Glenn Eernisse is Instructor of Music Theory and Composition at the University of West Georgia. He also serves as Associate Pastor of Music and Worship at First Baptist Church of Carrollton. Before moving to the area he was a professor and Chair of the Division of Music at Brewton-Parker College in Mt. Vernon, Georgia.
Although most of his life has been spent in Georgia, Dr. Eernisse spent early years growing up in Wisconsin, Florida, and South Carolina. Undergraduate music degrees were earned at Anderson University and Berry College, and Master’s and Doctoral degrees come from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky.
In his spare time Dr. Eernisse enjoys writing and arranging music, reading, traveling, and scuba diving.
Courses and Sections
- MUSC-2302 (Music Theory IV)
- MUSC-2600N (Principal Applied: Trombone)
- MUSC-4240 (Form and Analysis)
- MUSC-4400 (Counterpoint)
- MUSC-4410 (Applied Composition)
- MUSC-4944 (Half Composition Recital)
- MUSC-4945 (Full Composition Recital)
- MUSC-5240 (Form and Analysis)
- MUSC-5400 (Counterpoint)