Student Advisory Committee
|Crystal Barkwell||Computer Science||2010|
|Alix Carnes||English & Philosophy||2010|
|David Wilkerson II||Foreign Languages & Literature||2010|
|Stephen M. Edwards||Geosciences||2010|
|Shawn Isaacs||Mass Communications/Theatre||2010|
|Connie Reyes||Political Science||2010|
Purpose and Duties
- The Committee shall advise the Dean of the College on any matter he/she wishes to discuss with such a body.
- The members will be responsible for maintaining communication between the students and the Dean via its elected members on the Advisory Committee. However, no provision of these By-Laws is intended to preclude direct communication between an individual student and the Dean.
- The Committee shall have the authority to investigate such matters as are presented by the Dean, or the Advisory Committee, or such as are presented by petition from at least 10% of the majors of the College.
Committee Composition and Selection
- The Student Advisory Committee shall consist of one member from each department in the College of Arts and Sciences. By May 1 of each year each department in the College of Arts and Sciences will elect a student who will be an undergraduate major in the department during the following academic year. These Arts and Sciences majors shall constitute the Student Advisory Committee.
- The Student Advisory Committee shall ensure that three members from its ranks attend the Faculty Advisory Committee meetings during the following academic year.