Janet Strickland, Ph.D.
Phone: 678-839-6061 | Fax: 678-839-6063
Office: Education Annex 108
Dr. Strickland teaches Social Studies methods at both the graduate and undergraduate levels and research methods at the graduate level. Her research interests include Social Studies instruction for young children, innovative technologies for instruction, and social justice. She is co-editor and co-founder of Social Studies Research and Practice, a national journal for the promotion of Social Studies, and Co-editor of GATEways, a state journal of the Georgia Association of Teacher Educators.
- B.S., Education, University of Alabama, 1993
- M.A., Education, University of Alabama, 1996
- Ed.S., Education, University of Alabama, 1998
- Ph.D., Education, University of Alabama, 2000
Courses and Sections
- ECED-3214 (Expl Activ:Music and Fine Arts)
- ECED-3271 (Curr,Instrct,Clssrm Mgt PreK-5)
- ECED-4261 (Tch Content/Process:Soc Stud)
- ECED-4289 (Teaching Internship Seminar)
- ECED-7271 (Diversity & Classrm Early P-5)
- ECED-7272 (Classrm Mgmt Early Grades(P-5))
- EDSI-9998 (Research for Doc Dissertation)
- Thomas-Fair, U. & Strickland, J. S. (2009). Notable trade book integrated activities. Social Studies Research and Practice.
- Strickland, J. S. & Nazzal, A. (2005). Using WebQuests to teach content: Comparing instructional strategies. Contemporary Issues in Technology & Teacher Education; 5(3)