Dianne Hoff, Ed. D.
Phone: 678-839-6570 | Fax: 678-839-6098
Office: Education Center 101
Hours: 8:00 - 5:00pm
Dr. Dianne L. Hoff is the Associate Dean for Professional Programs in the College of Education and a professor of Educational Leadership. She teaches graduate courses in education law and policy. Her research focuses on the social/political context of schooling, especially how law, policy, cultural norms, and practices can intersect to perpetuate discrimination and marginalization. She is also nationally recognized for her research on contemporary issues that present legal and moral dilemmas for schools. Most recently, for example, she has published articles on pay-to-play, cyber-bullying, and appropriate accommodations for students with peanut allergies. Prior to her appointment at UWG, Dr. Hoff was a high school teacher in Indiana, a principal in large schools in Georgia and California, and then a professor of Educational Leadership at the University of Maine.
- B.S., Secondary Education: English, Indiana University, 1974
- M.S., Secondary Education: English, Indiana University, 1978
- Ed.D., Educational Administration (School Administration and School Law), University of Louisville, 1998
- EDUC-9925 (Prin of Legal/Ethical Ldrshp) [ View Syllabus ]
- Hoff, D. L., & Mitchell, S. N. (2010). A peanut –y dilemma. Phi Delta Kappan,91(7). [ View Publication ]
- Hoff, D. L., & Mitchell, S. N. (2008) In Search of Leaders: Gender Factors in School Administration. Advancing Women in Leadership, 26(2). [ View Publication ]
- Shariff, S., & Hoff, D. L. (2007). Cyber Bullying: Clarifying Legal Boundaries for School Supervision in Cyber-Space. International Journal of Cyber Criminology, 1(1), pp. 76-118. [ View Publication ]
- Hoff, D. L., Yoder, N., & Hoff, P. S. (2006) Preparing Educational Leaders to Embrace the "Public" in Public Schools. Special Edition, Journal of Educational Administration, 44, (3), pp.239-249. [ View Publication ]
- Hoff, D. L., & Mitchell, S. N. (2006). Pay-to-Play: Fair or Foul? Phi Delta Kappan, 88 (3), pp. 230-234. [ View Publication ]