Dr. Lewis Bozard is an Assistant Professor of Counselor Education and College Student Affairs in the Department of Clinical and Professional Studies of the College of Education. He has over 10 years of counseling-related experience, including college, community, and pastoral settings. Dr. Bozard has published articles and given professional presentations related to counseling and college student affairs at national, regional, and state levels. His scholarly interests include multicultural issues with an emphasis on LGBT concerns, exercise psychology, college counseling, sexual wellness, male body image, and spirituality in counseling. He has previously taught or assisted in teaching courses at Duke University, Furman University, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, and Virginia Tech. Dr. Bozard is an Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS), National Board Certified Counselor (NCC), and Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Georgia. In his personal time, Dr. Bozard enjoys running, hiking, swimming, and travel.
- B.A., Religion, Furman University,
- M.Div., Divinity, Duke University,
- M.S., Community Counseling, Mercer University,
- Ph.D., Counseling and Counselor Education, University of North Carolina at Greensboro,
Courses and Sections
- CEPD-6140 (Intro to Counseling Practice)
- CEPD-6151 (Psychological Appraisal)
- CEPD-6182 (Internship: Prof Counseling)
- CEPD-6188 (Practicum: Prof Counseling)
- CEPD-7112 (Career Counseling)
- CEPD-7138 (Multicultural Counsel & Educ)
- CEPD-7145 (Advocacy and Leadership)
- CEPD-7185 (Assessment & Appraisal Counsel)
Fall 2013 Sections
- CEPD-6182 (Internship: Prof Counseling) Section: 01 [View Syllabus]
- CEPD-7145 (Advocacy and Leadership) Section: 01D [View Syllabus]
- CEPD-7185 (Assessment & Appraisal Counsel) Section: 02D [View Syllabus]
Spring 2013 Sections
- Bozard, R.L. (2012). Counseling on the run: Considerations for implementation of exercise as an intervention in counseling. Georgia Journal of Professional counseling, 14(1), 62-88.
- Bozard, R.L. (2012, June). Male body image: Exposing the growing dilemma among college men. CCAPS Insider (newsletter of the Commission for Counseling and Psychological Services, American College Personnel Association [ACPA]), 11-13.
- Bozard, R.L., & Sanders, C.J. (2011). Helping Christian lesbian, gay, and bisexual clients recover religion as a source of strength: Developing a model for assessment and integration of religious identity in counseling. Journal of LGBT Issues in Counseling
- Bozard, R.L. (2010, Winter/Spring). Building bridges on the lake. Journeys: Essays from the Heart of Pastoral Counseling. 12(1), 16-17