Thomas A. Peterson, Ed. D.
Phone: 678-839-6128 | Fax: 678-839-6153
Office: Education Annex 151
Hours: Mon.-Wed 1:00-3:00
Tu - Th 10:00 to 12:15
Dr. Thomas Peterson serves as an assistant professor of Cultural and Philosophical Foundations of Education in the College of Education. . He teaches mostly graduate education courses including philosophy, leadership, history, ethics, and culture. His research interests include spirituality in education, teacher renewal, teaching and learning. Prior to his appointment at UWG, Dr. Peterson was a elementary/middle school principal in NC, art teacher in California and Maryland, flight instructor, and pilot missionary to Africa.
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts, Loma Linda University, 1969
- M.Ed., Master of Education, Loma Linda University, 1972
- Ed.D., Doctor of Education, University of North Carolina, 1991
Courses and Sections
- ECED-4286 (Teaching Internship)
- EDFD-7303 (Culture & Society in Education)
- EDFD-7305 (History of American Education)
- EDFD-7309 (Philosoph Foundations of Educ)
- EDUC-2110 (Inv Crit and Contem Issues-Edu)