Andy Nixon, Ed. D.
Phone: 678-839-6172 | Fax: 678-839-6195
Office: Coliseum 2038
Dr. Andy Nixon is an associate professor in the Department of Leadership and Instruction. Dr. Nixon teaches graduate courses in Educational Leadership, specializing in school operations, finance, and change. His research agenda is primarily focused on reasons that school principals non-renew teacher contracts. Prior to appointment at UWG, Dr. Nixon was a school superintendent in Indiana. He has also served as a high school social studies teacher, high school assistant principal, athletic director, high school principal, and assistant superintendent.
- B.A., History, DePauw University, 1986
- M.A.T., Social Studies, DePauw University, 1988
- Ed.S., School Superintendent, Ball State University, 1996
- Ed.D., Educational Administration, Ball State University, 2002
Courses and Sections
- EDLE-8312 (School Finance)
- EDLE-8313 (Leadership Improving Schools)
- EDLE-8314 (Local School Leadership)
- EDLE-8329 (Schl Ldrshp-Pluralstc/Dvrs Soc)
- EDSI-9933 (Leadership for Change)
- EDSI-9998 (Research for Doc Dissertation)