Andy Nixon, Ed. D.
Director of the Ed.D. in School Improvement and Assistant Professor
Phone: 678-839-6172 | Fax: 678-839-6195
Office: Education Annex 138
Dr. Andy Nixon is an assistant professor in the Department of Leadership and Instruction. Dr. Nixon teaches graduate courses in Educational Leadership, specializing in school operations, finance, and change. He is the director of the Doctoral Program in School Improvement and Interim Chair of the Department of Educational Technology and Foundations. His research is focused in two areas: reasons that principals non-renew teacher contracts and teacher dispositions and contract non-renewal. Dr. Nixon has recently published several articles in the aforementioned research areas. Prior to appointment at UWG, Dr. Nixon was a school superintendent in Indiana. He has also served as a high school social studies teacher, high school assistant principal, athletic director, high school principal, and assistant superintendent.
- B.A., History, DePauw University, 1986
- M.A.T., Social Studies, DePauw University, 1988
- Ed.S., School Superintendent, Ball State University, 1996
- Ed.D., Educational Administration, Ball State University, 2002
- EDSI-9942 (Instr Lead tht Facilitates SI) [ View Syllabus ]
- EDLE-8312 (School Finance) [ View Syllabus ]