Judy Butler, Ed. D.
Phone: 678-839-6079 | Fax: 678-839-6195
Office: Coliseum 2048
Hours: By Appointment
Dr. Butler teaches in the Secondary Education programs which are located in the Department of Leadership and Instruction. Her areas of expertise include social studies education, the era of school integration, and civic education. Among other service endeavors, she serves on the International Programs Committee for the College of Education at UWG. She is in her eighteenth year at the university.
- BS Ed., Secondary Education, Southern Arkansas University, 1969
- M.A., Liberal Studies, University of Oklahoma, 1982
- Ed.D., Curriculum and Instructional Leadership, Vanderbilt University, 1995
Courses Sections and Syllabi
- Nazzal, A. & Butler J. (2010). What do middle school candidates know about geography? GATEways to Teacher Education, 20. This article describes a pilot study carried out in a university in the southeastern United States that prepares candidates in middle [ View Publication ]
- Butler, J. D. (2013). Character education: What has happened to the moral compass? The Sophist's Bane, 7 (1-2)/ [ View Publication ]
- Williamson, J. & Butler, J. (2011). Remember: The journey to school integration. Notable Trade Book Lesson Plan. Social Studies Research and Practice, 6(1). [ View Publication ]