Brian Mosier, Ph.D.
Phone: 678-839-5424 | Fax: 678-839-6195
Office: Coliseum 2033
Dr. Brian Mosier taught physical education for four years (2001-2005) at public schools in Tallahassee, FL, while earning a master’s degree in Sport Management. Brian then was an instructor at the Florida State University (2005-2010) while completing his doctoral degree in physical education, and is currently in his second year as an assistant professor at the University of West Georgia. At the University of West Georgia, Dr. Mosier spends most of his time working with the Health and Physical Education majors primarily teaching methods, assessment, and skill-based activity courses. His research interests focus on the promotion of physical activity, effective teaching and supervision, and online learning. Brian contributes to the profession by publishing and presenting at the national, state, and local levels. Brian is currently serving on the NASPE Physical Best Committee, the GDOE Physical Activity/Physical Education Committee, and is the GAHPERD State Fitness Coordinator.
- B.S., Physical Education, Florida State University, 1998
- M.S., Physical Education: Sports Management, Florida State University, 2000
- Ph.D., Physical Education: Curriculum and Instruction, Florida State University, 2010
- PHED-2602 (Intr to Teachng Hlth & Phys Ed) Sec. 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- PHED-3671 (Phys Education in Elem Schools) Sec. 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- PHED-3720 (Adapted Phys Ed Field Experien) Sec. 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- PHED-4689 (Teaching Internship Seminar) Sec. 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- PHED-3500 (Educ Games, Gymnastics & Dance) Sec. 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- PHED-3501 (Skills & Strat in Stren & Cond) Sec. 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- PHED-3710 (Assessing Performance in HPE) Sec. 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- PWLA-1615 (Badminton: Beginning) Sec. 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- PWLA-1694 (Ultimate Frisbee) Sec. 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- Mosier, B. (2012). FITNESSGRAM administration: Tips for educators. Strategies: A Journal for Sport and Physical Educators, 25(8), 6-7.
- Mosier, B. & Lynn, S. (2012). An initial exploration of a virtual personal fitness course. The Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration, 15 (3), [ View Publication ]
- Mosier, B. (2012). Viewpoint: Virtual physical education: A call for action. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 83(3), 6-7,10. [ View Publication ]
- Heidorn, B., Jenkins, D., Mosier, B., & Harvey, R. (2012). Comparing the feedback, time, and cost of traditional and video-based supervision of student teachers. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport [ View Publication ]