Accessibility Services


Accessibility Services Mission

The Office of Accessibility Services at the University of West Georgia is committed to providing access to campus resources and opportunities to allow students with disabilities to obtain a quality educational experience at UWG.


A student meets with an Accessibility Counselor in an office, in front of desk and computer.

Do I Qualify for Accommodations?

Disabilities may be temporary or permanent and are categorized into three areas: physical, psychological, and learning disorders. If you have been diagnosed with a disability you are eligible for accommodations. If you suspect a learning or psychological disability, but have never been diagnosed, please make an appointment with an Accessibility Counselor to discuss a possible referral.

  • Physical Disabilities – Examples include sensory disorders, such as hearing or visual impairments, mobility disorders, systemic disorders, and chronic illnesses such as Chron’s disease or cancer.

  • Psychological Disabilities – Examples include depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders, and personality disorders.

  • Learning Disorders – Examples include Auditory Processing Disorder (APD), dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyslexia, and language processing disorder. Although not considered a learning disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is often related with as many as 50% of those with ADHD also having a learning disorder.


How Do I Receive Accommodations?

Step 1: Download the appropriate form for documentation guidelines:

Link to ADHD Document

Link to Learning Disorders Document

Link to Psychological Disorders Document

Link to Mobility / Medical ( Systemic / Visual ) Disorders Document

Link to Hearing Impairment and Communication Disorders Document

Link to Injured Student Athlete Document

Link to Autism Spectrum Disorders Document

Link to Transient Status Students Document

Link to Acquired Brian Injury Document

Be certain your documentation is complete and signed by the appropriate professional (psychiatrist, medical doctor, or psychologist, depending on your disability).

You may email your documentation to, fax to (678) 839-6429, or mail or bring in person to the Counseling Center, 123 Row Hall.

Step 2: Make an appointment with an Accessibility Counselor. It is best to send your documentation prior to your appointment. However, you may also bring your documentation with you to your appointment.

You may make an appointment by calling (678)839-6428 or emailing

Step 3: Attend your appointment with your Accessibility Counselor. Click here to learn more about what will happen during this appointment.

Step 4: Email your Student Accommodation Report (SAR) to your instructors and others as needed. Click here for full instructions on how to request and present your SAR as well as utilize your accommodations. You may also click here for additional tips concerning your SAR.

Step 5: Follow-up with your Accessibility Counselor as needed when you have questions or concerns.



What Accommodations May I Receive?

All entitlements to accommodations are based on documentation and University System of Georgia's Board of Regents Standards.

The following is a list of possible services and accommodations you may qualify for based on your disability and individual needs:


lime-green background. text reads: ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES, COUNSELING CENTER, 123 ROW HALL, 678-839-6428. Various circular icons shown with symbols: CC, Braille, Large Print.