All employees of the University of West Georgia are covered under the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act. This act provides protection in the event of injury, illness or death that arises out of the course and scope of employment for the University. When an on-the-job injury or illness occurs, the employee must notify his/her supervisor and fill out a FROI (First Report of Injury) form immediately. The supervisor is responsible for forwarding the FROI to the Risk Management/Environmental Safety and Health Department. If medical attention is required, treatment must be coordinated through the Universities; insurer.
- First Report of Injury Form (FROI):
1. An FROI must be submitted to RM/EHS if you are applying for Workers' Compensation benefits.
2. IMPORTANT: To keep an electronic copy, FIRST save the document to a location of choice and THEN fill it out.
3. DO NOT save or send the form with the SSN included. Instead call it in to RM/EHS for process (9-5546).
- Mileage Reimbursement Form File reimbursement for any accumulated mileage specific to your injury such as going to and from medical appointments.
- Georgia Department of Administrative Services Workers' Compensation
- Board of Regents Workers Compensation and Return-to-Work Policy
- Questions You Should Ask About Workers' Compensation