Becoming a Student Organization
In addition to being listed on the Center for Student Involvement, Registered Student Organizations have the ability to:
- reserve the use of University facilities
- sponsor or present a public performance on University property when a University facility has been properly reserved; AND
- University regulations and administrative rules are followed
- raise funds or make other permissible solicitations on University property in accordance with University regulations and administrative rules
- post signs and distribute literature in accordance with University regulations
- use campus mail services
To become a Registered Student Organization at UWG, you need:
- a local mailing address
- an organization email address (can be the president's email)
- a University advisor (must be full-time, paid monthly, faculty or professional staff)
- a constitution (organization governing document)
- at least 5 members
- a list of all members
Once you have everything you need, the organization's president must:
- Complete the Student Organization Registration packet
- Attend either Lead Day (August 23, 2013) or a President's meeting
Please find below the President's Meeting schedule for the rest of the semester. All meetings will take place in Campus Center 302.
- Tuesday, October 29 at 3:00PM
- Monday, November 4 at 4:00PM
- Tuesday, November 12 at 9:30AM
- Thursday, November 21 at 9:30AM
- Wednesday, December 4 at 12:30PM
If the President is unable to attend, the Vice President or another officer may attend on his/her behalf. If no officers are able to attend, please contact Laura Keath at email@example.com.
Additionally, all Student Organization officers and members are expected to be familiar with all the information found in the Registered Student Organization Handbook.
Student Organizations will not be completely registered until all of the above requirements are met. Organizations will receive notification upon completion of the registration process.
Student Organizations can register at any time during the year and should contact the CSI office for information about upcoming President's meetings. Organizations must re-register with the Center for Student Involvement each year.
Please contact CSI with any questions!