Volunteering at UWG
"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Ghandi
At the University of West Georgia, we provide students with a variety of volunteer opportunities in Carrollton and beyond. All of these projects are designed to foster a more civically engaged campus body through the promotion of self-discovery, leadership, and service.
To learn more about our programs and events, please explore the links under the Volunteer tab and be sure to follow us on facebook to stay tuned in with all upcoming opportunities.
5 reasons why WE are doing community service:
- It's scientifically proven to lower stress levels and make you healthier.
- It can set you apart on a resume, scholarship applications, and graduate school essays.
- It builds confidence and a sense of community as you discover things you may never have known about yourself and the people you are serving.
- It helps you discover new friends who share similar passions.
- It gives you a feeling of accomplishment and fulfillment by knowing that you made a real and lasting difference in someone else's life.
Join the VolunteerUWG listserv
Always stay in touch with upcoming volunteer opportunities and approaching deadlines with our e-newsletters sent directly to your e-mail. Fill out the online form to sign up and never miss an opportunity to give back.